Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media & entertainment companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets and the industry’s leading artificial intelligence platform, the company’s platform enables the measurement of cross-platform audience demand for any TV show around the world on any platform.
We work with some of the world’s most renowned brands who are using our global content demand measurement to drive decisions across the content development lifecycle, from informing content investment and production decisions to supporting distribution and licensing negotiations.
For this role, we are looking for an experienced developer to join our engineering crew in making a global impact in the space of Big Data in the entertainment industry.
As part of our engineering team, you will be responsible for the design of complex systems, including expert code cutting and robust testing.
Collaborating with our architect and engineers, you will be working across a range of new and existing projects covering our backend systems (data collection, API, core component development), customer facing service portals and mobile products, to name a few.
You will also be working with some of the hottest and most in-demand Big Data and cloud technologies in New Zealand.
To qualify, you must have the following
- 5 years or more development experience
- Strong skills and knowledge using Java
- Good exposure to Cloud services - AWS
- SQL and Databases experience (SQL & NoSQL)
- Experience building against highly scalable architectures
- Knowledge of: JSON, REST, SOA
- ORM frameworks experience
- Build automation tool experience (e.g. Maven)
- Building against a *nix environment
- Code repository management experience (e.g. Git)
- Experience with Big Data and related technology, is a bonus (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
What you will be experiencing in this role:
- Interesting engineering challenges involving scale and Big Data
- Exposure to Big Data platforms and tools as well as some truly global datasets
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about creating the future
- A diverse group of colleagues who hail from every corner in the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven culture, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our ‘Parrot Play’ guide!)
- Fast paced work environment that is focused on results
- The opportunity to lead an initiative that is introducing a new paradigm to one of society’s most impactful industries
- Flexible work hours, catered lunch on Mondays, a stocked kitchen with coffee, Happy Hour on Fridays and more
- All the resources and support you need to succeed, learn and grow in your role
- A lot of love for TV!