Senior Full Stack Engineer (Testing focused)
We love TV. We believe in the magic of content, and its impact on people's lives.
We are a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behaviour data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific Content Demand Measurement System.
About the Role
First 3 months: Building JS based Test Suite and Bug Fixes
The QA developer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for writing tests for existing product and create a framework which can be adopted by rest of the product team.
In parallel, you will also be responsible for bug fixes and deployments to understand our full product stack and AWS infrastructure from development to deployment.
After 3 months: Responsible for our end-to-end development of new product modules and features.
- Empathy for customers, teammates, and other stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Must understand code written in Typescript/Angular 2+ and Java 8 (or above) in order to write test cases where appropriate
- Must be able to write clear, concise and comprehensive unit and integration tests using front end testing frameworks such as Jasmin/Mocha and Protractor or CodeceptJS or Rainforest QA style of testing.
- Must be familiar with unit and integration tests using server side frameworks JUnit, Spring Boot Test, JMock or Mockito
- Experience with performance or security testing is a plus
- Strong experience with backend programming in Java 7/8, Sprint Boot and SQL databases is desired.
- Experience with writing automation test especially using Selenium or Robot framework is a credit point
- Should be understanding and experienced black box or white box tests
- Familiarise AWS services in production environments such as Elastic Beanstalk, S3, EC2, Auto Scaling, CloudWatch Monitoring, Dynamo DB, Elastic Container Service(ECS)
- Excellent team player with exceptional communication skills – you need to be a great listener that understands the needs of the business and can convert these into clear and easily understood specifications & are able to present this across the teams
What you will be experiencing in this role with us:
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about creating the future and share a passion for what they’re creating
- A diverse group of colleagues who hail form every corner in the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven team, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our ‘Parrot Play’ guide!)
- The opportunity to lead an initiative that is introducing a new paradigm to one of society’s most impactful industries
- Fast paced work environment that is focused on results and growing together.
- Flexible work hours, catered lunch on Mondays, a stocked kitchen with coffee and tea
- All the resources and support you need to succeed, learn and grow in your role
- A lot of love for TV!
To learn more about our company and why you should join us, visit: https://parrot-analytics.workable.com