TV Industry Media Analyst
This role exists to establish Parrot Analytics as the primary TV analytics thought leader. We will achieve this by providing deep and comprehensive industry analyses using Parrot Analytics’ proprietary global TV demand, and TV content genome datasets.
With access to the industry’s only global demand and TV content genome datasets you will be in a unique position to produce the world’s most comprehensive TV analyses possible. Our thought leadership will draw on many different datasets, both first party and third party, including data that will reveal the success and growth of global TV studios, SVOD platforms, networks, distributors, TV genres, artists, showrunners and many more interesting industry data points all around the world as well as from specific regions and markets.
You will be responsible for leading the overall planning, research and delivery of whitepapers, in-depth reports, thought leadership articles and blog posts. You will also be researching and documenting industry trends, industry driving forces and major changes to guide our thought leadership approach, as well as leading both clients and partners to drive our TV industry thought leadership. You will also be investigating industry panels and events, and communicating with other industry thought leaders to provide the relevant context for our overall approach.
- 4-5 years research experience in television or entertainment.
- A formal education in research.
- Your command of the English language is absolutely top notch and you have a laser sharp eye for detail for both English syntax and grammar, as well as numerical detail.
- A passion to uncover global TV trends and insights, to invigorate the industry with groundbreaking research, and to tell new global TV data stories that have never been told before.
- A deep commitment to building a comprehensive evidence base, from both first party demand data and third party data, and to use this to tell a truly compelling global narrative about the exciting relationship between content producers and consumers.
- A desire to work with large global datasets that address questions of true significance to the industry.
- Proactivity, a tendency to act autonomously and the ability to “get stuff done” even during times of high pressure.
- An absolute commitment to put team results first.
- A desire to help others flourish and be their best.
- An entrepreneurial and leadership mindset, where your work is your passion with no concept of “9 to 5”.
- A desire to be an integral part of a fun, fast-paced start-up on a phenomenal global growth trajectory.
- Extraordinary ambition to improve every day and be the very best in what you do!
- Truly in-depth knowledge of the TV industry.
What you will be experiencing
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about creating the future.
- A diverse group of colleagues who hail from every corner in the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers.
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven team, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our “ParrotPlay” guide!)
- Fast paced work environment that is focused on results.
- The opportunity to lead an initiative that is introducing a new paradigm to one of society’s most impactful industries.
- Flexible work hours
- All the resources and support you need to succeed, learn and grow in your role.
- A lot of love for TV!