Senior Platform Engineer
We love TV. We believe in the magic of content, and its impact on people's lives.
We are a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behaviour data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific Content Demand Measurement System.
About the Role:
As a Data Platform - Senior Software Engineer, you will build and maintain critical platform and infrastructure predominantly built on AWS cloud to enable our team to develop the next generation of product modules and features that define cutting edge innovation. This will enable us to continue to solve TV industry’s biggest challenge : Accurate measurement of TV content in digital world
You will work collaboratively with a team of world class engineers, data scientists and industry insights analysts to understand what they need to get their jobs done. You care deeply about the accuracy, availability and security of our core data platform whilst being highly passionate about monitoring metrics and adapting new technologies relevant to platform and business.
You are an ambitious leader in your own right, a self-starter and an organized teammate who thrives in a fast growing, dynamic, results driven environment. If you want to be known for playing a key role in building & maintaining the technology behind the global entertainment industry’s first ever measure of content popularity, then this role is the best fit for you.
We keep our culture at the core of what we do and use it to drive every decision we make. We trust highly and are looking forward to welcoming your contribution to the team.
- Empathy for customers, teammates, and other stakeholders
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- 5-10 years of solid software development experience especially consuming REST APIs and building high throughput applications (both in terms of calls and data flowing)
- Experienced in building highly scalable architectures: designing, operating and supporting secure, high-performance, high-availability, large-scale, distributed systems
- Highly confident in object oriented programming language(s) – We code primarily in Java/Scala/Python, but we believe that engineers with deep fundamentals can pick up new languages relatively quickly.
- AWS services experience in production environments around big data like Kinesis, Data Pipeline, Elastic Map Reduce(EMR), Athena, S3, EC2, Auto Scaling, CloudWatch Monitoring, Dynamo DB
- Experience with key big data technologies like Apache Hadoop, Spark, Redis/Memcached, Elasticsearch, and similar technologies
- Very confident with SQL Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) : ORM frameworks and performance tuning techniques.
- A hands on problem-solver who loves working as part of a team, strives for continuous improvement and is “fascinated by data” (curious for the extracting insights out of it).
- Excellent team player with good communication skills – you need to be a great listener that understands the needs of the business and can convert these into clear and easily understood specifications & are able to present this across the teams
What you will be experiencing in this role with us:
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about creating the future and share a passion for what they’re creating and pull your own weight.
- A diverse group of colleagues who hail form every corner in the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven team, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our ‘Parrot Play’ guide!)
- The opportunity to lead an initiative that is introducing a new paradigm to one of society’s most impactful industries
- Fast paced work environment that is focused on results and growing together.
- Flexible work hours, catered lunch on Mondays, a stocked kitchen with coffee and tea
- All the resources and support you need to succeed, learn and grow in your role
- A lot of love for TV!
Learn more about why you should apply to join our world class team here: https://parrot-analytics.workable.com