We love TV. We believe in the magic of content, and its impact on people's lives.
Passionate about TV, data, and technology? Join our growing team as we deliver the world’s leading content demand analytics built on the largest demand database to bring the science to the art of TV. Rapidly establishing as a global currency in TV, our Demand Expressions are helping to drive a new era in the industry as we aim to help our partners make the most powerful decisions every day.
Parrot Analytics is a content demand analytics company that empowers some of the largest media and entertainment companies, brands and agencies with the world’s largest demand behaviour data sets to understand global audience demand for television content. Utilising the most advanced artificial intelligence platform in the industry, custom machine learning software and our own patents, we provide the measurement of content popularity regardless of the market or broadcast platform we surface insights to our partners both on our dedicated dashboard as well as through our growing partner insights team.
We are currently looking for a full-time Regional Director to lead our LA based team as we continue our aggressive expansion along the entire content chain from production/financing through to platforms. The right candidate will be passionate about applying their experience, understanding of the inner workings and relationships in the TV industry along with their leadership and clear communication skills to drive our growth within North American entertainment companies. If you want to work every day alongside internal and external teams answering key questions impacting the TV industry today, we want to hear from you!
Summary of Activities:
- Refine and execute our existing North American expansion strategy in close coordination with Head of Partnership and CEO
- Play a leading role in driving regional sales strategy, empowering the regional team to engage with, sell, sign and renew commercial partnerships – as indicated by upsells, renewals and other success metrics
- Build robust and repeatable sales processes, cultivating a pipeline of prospects across the region, developing prospects through the sales pipeline to close product subscription and services engagements
- Work closely with the Insights Executive to deliver clear and well communicated pitches to prospects with an aim to close new partnerships
- Work closely with the Partner Insights Executive to drive deeper workflow integration and value of our content demand analytics capabilities within our partners to ensure they are successful in using our products and services and delivering no less than 100% partner retention
- Lead our LA based North American Partnership team to maximise activities and assist in the determination and prioritisation of resources with an aim to achieve all of our commercial and relationship goals
- Provide regular feedback and updates to Head of Partnerships and assist in the aggregation of best practices in handling our partners and prospects
- Focus on consistently pursuing best in the world partnerships and insights
What you will bring to the role:
- Strong leadership, management and operational capabilities
- A focus on being detail-oriented, highly organized, systematic and proactive
- Excellent time management and a capacity to perform under heavy workloads, tight deadlines and changing schedules
- A capacity to be a self-starter who can manage external relationships and whether presenting a report or scoping out a meaningful insight project for a potential partner
- Effective communication of results both verbally and in writing to internal teams, clients and key industry stakeholders
- A capacity to work well with others in a high-energy, high-impact environment with significant freedom
- A passion for your work which allows you to have a flexible approach to working hours and dealing with team members in multiple time zones
- A positive attitude, with creativity and a passion for technology
- An absolute commitment to put team results first with a desire to help others flourish and be their best
- Excitement about being an integral part of a fun, fast-paced start-up on a phenomenal global growth trajectory
- Experience working in remote offices is a plus
- Truly in-depth knowledge of the TV industry
- 12+ years experience in a distribution, sales or business development role in the TV and entertainment industry
- Working relationships at senior levels across media companies in North America -- relationships at Advertising/Media agencies a plus
- Skills including building and managing diverse teams, regularly reporting and understanding of sales and operational metrics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, Google Suite and One Note
- You are an astute communicator and presenter with English as a first language
- Extraordinary ambition to improve every day and be the very best in what you do in the world!
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about introducing a new paradigm to one of society’s most impactful industries
- A diverse group of colleagues from every corner in the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers to be best in the world
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven team, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our ‘Parrot Play’ guide!) seeking to be the best in the world at what they do each day
- Working with world-renowned TV studios and brands and some of the smartest data people in the industry to solve some of the biggest data and measurement problems in the TV industry every day
- The encouragement, support and resources you need to succeed, learn and grow in the role and in your career
- A lot of love for big data, TV shows and stories that move us!
Our Guiding Values:
- We love our partners! We care intensely and passionately about achieving our vision and helping our customers be successful everyday – they have put their trust in us, so we work hard to #MakeItHappen for them
- We exist because we believe in the magic of TV content and its impact on people’s lives!
- We want to make an impact in today’s golden age of TV, by enabling our partners to make data- driven decisions across the industry – so that fans are better connected with the content they love!
- We have defined culture as the way we live and breathe every single day as an elite team to become the best in the world at what we do
- We understand the importance of disseminating knowledge, information, constructive feedback and ideas – so we work hard to over share
- We take the initiative, always champion our culture and hold everyone accountable to it, so we work hard to #LeadTheParrotWay
- We understand the value of flexibility, freedom and autonomy and embracing new ideas to help us achieve our results (mastery) , so we work hard to make sure the best ideas win
- Checking our ego at the door, we enter a ‘no politics zone’ each day and strive to learn & grow faster together, so we work hard to add value and increase the team average every day
To learn more about our company and why you should join us, visit: https://parrot-analytics.workable.com