Are you prepared to push boundaries and tackle challenges head-on, working with a team that wields the entertainment industry's largest consumer datasets? We want you!
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media and entertainment companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world's largest audience behaviour datasets and the industry's leading artificial intelligence platform, the company's platform enables the measurement of cross-platform audience demand for any TV show around the world on any platform.
We are looking for a Finance Manager that is analytical, commercial, strategic & hands on all in one. We are looking for a creative problem solver with a strong well rounded Finance and Legal background to shape and implement strategies that will help drive growth.
You will be known as our champion for:
- Providing the Leadership Team and Board with sound financial information, advice and guidance that supports them to drive value into the business and develop long-term business plans based on these reports
- Preparation of monthly management reporting, providing analysis and insight to leadership team for decision making
- Overseeing payroll, bank reconciliations, credit and debtor management for Parrot’s New Zealand and group of companies including its US and UK subsidiaries. Strong understanding of New Zealand accounting/tax systems is a must.
- Partnering with non-financial operational people to drive performance
- Owning the preparation and management of budgets and forecasts
- Leading systems and process improvement and deployment throughout our group of companies around the world, with a particular focus on Finance and Governance
- Overseeing the preparation of annual tax returns and statutory accounts for the Group
- Manage the annual R&D grant, tax credits and audit requirements at year end.
- Supporting the CEO and Sales teams in contract negotiations/review with new or existing customers/suppliers and managing contract requirements.
What you will bring to the role
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Good understanding of B2B subscription based business models
- Degree in Finance or Accounting and CA or CPA qualified (preferred)
- Experience with US and UK tax and accounting (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting principles and practices including GAAP and a strong understanding of R&D is an advantage
- Understanding of commercial law
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable items
- A curious mindset with an aim of improving system effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- A desire to be an integral part of a fun and rapidly moving start-up on a phenomenal global growth trajectory
- Extraordinary ambition to improve every day and be the very best in what you do!
What you will be experiencing:
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about creating the future
- A diverse group of colleagues who hail from every corner of the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven team, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our ‘ParrotPlay’ guide!)
- Fast paced work environment that is focused on results
- The opportunity to lead an initiative that is introducing a new paradigm to one of society’s most impactful industries
- Flexible work hours, catered lunch on Mondays, a stocked kitchen with coffee
- All the resources and support you need to succeed, learn and grow in your role
- A lot of love for TV!